|A Small lesson on Keeping the Sabbath
Directions to Us
Weekly Service Times
Guest Book Now!
Genesis 2:1 - 3
1. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and the host of them.
2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which had made, and he rested on the seventh day from all his Work which he had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made
Exodus 20:8 - 11
8. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9. Six days shalt thou labour. And do all thy work:
10. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: In it thou shalt not do any work, thou nor thy Son, nor Thy Daughter, thy Man Servant, nor thy maid Servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.
11. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: Wherefore the Lord Blessed the Sabbath Day, and Hallowed it.
1John 2:1 - 8
1. My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with The father, Jesus Christ the Righteous:
2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world.
3. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4. He that saith, I know him, and keepth not his Commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5. But whoso keepth his word in him verily is the Love of God perfected hereby know we that we are in him.
6. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself so to walk, even as he walked.
7. Brethren, I write no new Commandment unto you, but an old Commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old Commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
Q When were the heaven, & earth made, and made them ?
A. Gen.1 - ( In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.) Heb.1 - ( And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:)
Q When was the first Sabbath ?
A. Gen.2:1-3 - ( Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.)
Q Is there a certain time set aside for remembering God's wonderful creations?
A. Exod.20:8 - 11 - ( Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.)
Q Does God want us to remember his works of creation?
A. Pss.111 -  Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
 The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
Q Will those who keep God's Sabbath be reward?
A. Isa.56:1-2 -  Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Q For whom was the Sabbath made?
A. Mark 2:27 -  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Q What did Jesus do on the Sabbath?
A. Luke 4:16, 28 - 32
 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,
 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.
 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
Q Did Paul follow Jesus' example?
A. Acts 17:1-2 -  Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Q What kind of people worshipped on the Sabbath?
A. Acts 13:14-14, 42-44
 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.
 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Q Were services held in other places besides the Temple on the Sabbath?
 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.
 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavored to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.
 Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis;
 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days.
 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
Q Is it lawful to perform acts of mercy on the Sabbath?
 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Q Did Paul rest form his labor on the Sabbath?
 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
 And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.
 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
Q Do I know, and Love God; if I keepth not his Sabbath?
A. 1 John 2:3-6
 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Thanks for visiting us, got a question, or just want let us know what you think then send us a response via e-mail or by visiting our guest book now!
Copyright 2001 - 2020; by Mount Zion Commandment Keeping Church of the First Born of Central Florida. All rights reserved.
Last updated: June 03, 2020